Tuesday, November 1, 2011
first day of "school"
Today I dropped Maddy off at her first day of "school". She is now attending Miss Swendy's Day School (I'll post on that later) and when I drove away, I felt that tightness in my throat like I just might loose it. It was like the first day I left her with Katie when she was 6 weeks old. Seems silly that after dropping her at a sitter basically every day for 2 years this would affect me. Maybe it's a little bit that she's growing up and moving on. Perhaps it is that I'm feeling those empathy feelings of being scared - I'm worried about her feeling scared and alone . . . Silly. I know that she will have a great time today. In fact, I'm jealous that Scott gets to pick her up from school and hear her first comments and feelings about her day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melissa - I've sure been thinking about you. How has this been going??????????
Post a Comment